When I was a kid, I always had trouble deciding what I wanted to be when I grew up. In the back of my mind, I always wanted to be a doctor, but I was a C student and didn't think that was possible. I was always told how smart I was, if only I would apply myself. I hated school and it was hard for me to sit still and pay attention through a whole lesson. I was bullied a lot at school and that led to me skipping school a lot as I got older. When I was 16, I got pregnant. I knew then that there was no chance of me ever becoming a doctor. I did go to college for awhile but ended up dropping out. Several kids later, I have realized how much time I have wasted. There is nothing I want to be but a doctor. I feel like I have not given my kids any reason to be proud of me. Someone recently challenged me to take the practice mcat test online. I got a raw score of 49. If you would like to try the practice test for yourself, click here. I have decided that I am going to medical school no matter what it takes. The good news is that my hatred of school is long gone. As an adult, I find that I love learning. I am enrolled in a community college right now to finish out my prerequisites before I transfer to a 4 year college. I am taking College Algebra this semester. This summer, I will be taking Trigonometry, Nutrition and Anatomy II. I will be using this blog to document my progress through the whole process. If everything goes my way, I will be transferring to a University in Fall 2013 and will take the MCAT in the Spring of 2013. That means by 2014, I could possibly be in medical school. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

0 comments